Friday, December 31, 2010

The End of the Year

Today is the end of 2010. It has been a very good year. It might have started out a bit rocky, but it ended peacefully. And peaceful is good. I'm looking forward to another great year ahead in 2011. And I wish all my blog readers much happiness in the New Year!

This past week, Alex had another meet in Cortland. It was on Tuesday, so I took the day off from work and went down to watch. It was a nice way to break up a short week. In case anyone cares or doesn't already know, the NY Jets host their training camp at SUNY Cortland. This is where they practice. It's really a great campus.

Alex ran the 1600 meter this week. I think the coach is trying him out in every event to figure out what is his best. He liked this a LOT better than the 3200. Interestingly enough, while I was at the meet, I ran into my old friend and former co-worker, Dave Eichorn. (He was the Chief Meteorologist over at Ch. 9, he's also no longer there...) Anyway, Dave's son also runs track. And wouldn't you know it, our boys were in the same race. So we cheered them both on. The results are below. They both had great races, Dave's son just edged out Alex by 5 seconds. Although... Alex is just a Freshman... and Dave's son is a Junior. :) But it was still a great race. The results from Alex's heat are below:


Also while I was at the meet, something strange happened to me. Something that has never happened before. I had an encounter with a very rude woman! Usually people are so pleasant and friendly at these events. I have never come across anyone who wasn't nice. But boy, this woman was awful. I took a photo of her below, she's the one in the white shirt on the left:

And this is exactly how far I was standing away from her. She was actually sitting when she started yelling at me. She was telling me that I was in her way! I was a good 10 feet away from her, not in front of her, and not blocking her view. She claims she couldn't see the finish line when she was sitting down. I tried to ignore her, but then she got up, came over to me, started poking me in the arm, yelling in my face and telling me that I needed to leave. I've never been so insulted! The two men who were next to me in this photo, who were sitting at the time, got up and stood next to me. They told her she didn't own the place and told her to leave me alone. I was so mad though! I might have yelled back at her and called her a name... She eventually went back to her spot and stood like the rest of us. And didn't bother me again. Oh and I discovered that she was from Fulton... anyone recognize her??

In nicer news, this is Eric's new set-up. He got those speakers for Christmas. And from what I've heard, they're awesome!

1 comment:

Linnette said...

Nasty lady (and I use that loosely!)