Saturday, February 18, 2012

End of the Season

Yesterday was the end of the season for Alex and most of this Indoor Track teammates. It was the Section 3 Championships. He had qualified to run the 600 meter, but the coach wanted him "fresh" to run the 4x800 meter relay. So that is what he did.

He ran a personal best in the 800 and the fastest leg on his relay team (2:05), and now he can't wait for Outdoor Track to break that 2:00 mark. He grew a lot this season and has become quite a dedicated athlete. I can't wait to see what he has in store for the future and to see him accomplish all of his goals!

In other news, I took this picture at my favorite diner yesterday. "The American Diner" is on Old Liverpool Road, over near the station. A group of us from work tend to go there every Friday for lunch. It's to the point where everybody knows us and we get fun greeting when we walk in the door. And the food is fabulous too! It's definitely a highlight of the week.

I was playing with Eric's camera yesterday and took a picture of my desk at work. I thought you'd like to see what my desktop image was on my wonderful new computer. Alex took that picture when he went to Crater Lake last summer with his Grandparents. Isn't it beautiful? It makes me smile whenever I see it.

1 comment:

Dale said...

Great job, Alex! You're my hero!!