Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Track Meet and More Tel Auc Fun


Alex hasn't had a meet in awhile. Or at least it didn't seem like it to me. Today was the Chittenango Invitational. He only ran 1 event today, which he was happy about. He's feeling a little under the weather.


He ran the 800, this was the first lap, he was a little bit behind the guy in the lead.


He closed the gap quite a bit by the end. If he had been feeling 100%, I bet he would have caught him. He ended up just 3 tenths of a second behind. And a personal best time of 2:02.


Here were the results, as posted at the meet. A nice 2nd place finish for Alex.


Tonight is the last night that I have to work TelAuc. Which is very good news. I'm exhausted. I'm hoping I can keep my eyes open tonight. It's been a very long week.


Cookie Monster greets volunteers at Tel Auc.


These are some of the sweet volunteers in one of the call centers. They sign up new members and give bid numbers to callers.


Some of our "regular" hosts. Jim, Bill, Jon and Liz.



And these guys apparently used to host a radio show together a hundred (or so) years ago at WSYR radio. I don't remember who the guy in the middle is (maybe some of you know?) The gentleman on the left is Bill Baker, the man on on the right is Jim Reith. They both now work at WCNY. It was a nice reunion for them. I was the paparazzi.

No comments: