Saturday, January 5, 2013

I'm Baack!

I know, I know. It's been quite awhile since I've posted anything! But I know most of you follow me on Facebook, so you know I haven't really fallen off the face of the earth. I've just been busy and uninspired to blog. Or lazy. Yeah, lazy mostly.


Anyway, here's a much anticipated post. And of course, you can probably guess, it's all about running. Alex had a nasty bout of the flu a couple of weeks ago and he's just now healthy again. He had a rough couple of weeks regaining his strength and fitness. He had a meet at Cornell today, the Southern Tier Invitational. It was a veerrry long meet. It lasted for about 10 hours. There were 70-80 participants in each event. It took forever....


But it was a lovely day. The weather was nice.


The field house was very spacious and had lots of seating.


Alex ran the 1,000 meter and the 4x800 meter relay. This is the first meet of the last 3 that he seems to get getting his confidence and energy back to the level he was before he was sick. He got a personal best in the 1,000 meter and he felt he'll do even better next time. He was still holding himself back.


Here he is running the last leg of the 4x800 with his teammates cheering him on. They have another meet on Tuesday at Colgate. I'm probably not going to get to go to that since I have to work. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and that 2013 has started off well for each of you! I once again made no resolutions... they just don't seem to stick for me! But here's to a good year none the less.


1 comment:

Dale said...

So glad to hear that Alex is getting his strength and stamina back! A NEW personal best: VERY impressive, Alex!!