Saturday, March 7, 2015

The Light at the End of the Tunnel


This has been a VERY long and VERY cold winter. It's still cold, but we are beginning to see the light at the end of the very cold tunnel. I see 40's in the forecast for next week. That makes me very happy. It'll feel like a heat wave. 18 degrees feels warm to us now. 45 will be shorts weather! 

Last week we put a deposit on our 'summer' vacation spot on the Cape (For the week of Labor Day). It'll be just me and Eric this year. We're renting a small cottage on our favorite beach. And Jenny will get to join us this year. We'll celebrate her 10th birthday there! I think she'll like the beach. The above photo will be our deck and path to the water. It's nice having something warm and snow-free to look forward to! I do hope the beach didn't suffer too much erosion, you never know what it will look like there from year to year. Mother Nature can be very tough some years, and this year was one of the worst. 



No comments: