Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Blog Update

It's been awhile! I'd be surprised if anyone is still reading this thing! Alex has had 2 meets since I last blogged. He had the weekend off since there were no Invitationals. Just 2 "Dual" meets, one last week, one today. He more than met his goal of "Under 20" for a 5k. I think his next goal will be "Under 19"...

Today Alex had a great race. He seems to be knocking off more of his competition each week. And today he did something he's never done before. He beat his best friend Sean.

His initial goal was just to stay with Sean. Little did he realize, he was going to beat him. He beat him by just a few seconds, but I think it was a huge accomplishment for him. And a big boost to his confidence. Sean was the best runner on the team last year. And he's been running #2 for Freshmen this year. Now Alex is #2 for the freshmen. He finished the race today in 19:14. And placed 11th for his team. That's just one spot from making the Varsity Squad and earning a school letter. Not bad for a little freshman! This weekend is the McQuaid Invitational in Rochester. Alex is really looking forward to it. It's a huge all-day event.

I did a little "Fall" decorating this past weekend. And I mean "a little". I didn't go near as crazy as I went last year. But it's still festive. We also got some pumpkins. Which are on display outside. We sprinkled Cayenne pepper on them to hopefully keep the squirrels away. I'll let you know if it worked. It only took a few hours of them being out there before the squirrels started eating one of them, so we had to do something or they'd be gone before Halloween!

I made a fun and very easy casserole last night for dinner. It's called "Mac & Cheese Lasagna"

It was in a Kraft Foods email I got the other day. And it was super easy. If you're looking for a quick and easy dinner that everyone will eat, I highly recommend it! Here's the recipe. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Whitaker Woods said...

Was wondering when you would update! See you soon!

Beth in NEPA said...

Would never give up!! LOL