Saturday, September 4, 2010

Quiet Week

We had a very quiet week around the Hayden House. The man of the house was away on business. Alex and I mostly hung out and tried to keep cool. It was a hot week! (Of course now it's cold and windy... ) Eric returned last night from his trip around the country. He's thrilled to be home. He had a hard week, put in 16 hour days and he's happy for a 3-day weekend to rest.


Before Eric returned last night, I took Alex over to the HS so he could play tennis with his friend Sean. (I don't know how either of them still had any energy left after the last few weeks of double cross-country practices every day!)
While they played tennis, I explored the new stadium. This was several years in the making. And it's finally done! I'm glad Alex will have a home track to run on and a home football field to watch football games at for his whole HS career. It was all ripped up a couple of years ago because the turf had asbestos in it. (Or something like that...) Fortunately, it was just finished in the last couple of months. All ready for the first home football game next week!

Jenny even went with me to explore the new bleachers. We walked all the way up to the top, twice! I was afraid to take her out on the turf field... I thought she might leave her "mark" on the new field.

We walked around for almost an hour, and she was very worn out!

No comments: