Friday, September 23, 2011

Bribery will get you everywhere

During Alex's first 2 x-country meets of the season, it seemed like he might have been able to do a little better. There were kids in front of him that he was consistently beating last season. He was still improving his times, but he seemed to have a lot more energy at the end of the races than perhaps he should have...

He had placed 17th for his team during the last meet. Last year he was consistently 11th or 12th. And I know he wanted to be in the top 10. So, I *might* have made a little deal with him. I *might* have told him that for every teammate that was ahead of him that he beat, I would give him $10.

I don't know if that was the reason I now owe him $90, or if it was just plain old hard work finally paying off and his confidence returning.

Whatever the reason, he placed 8th for the team during Wednesday's meet. And by the looks of the photo above, the 6th & 7th place finishers might have to look out! And my wallet might be getting lighter too...


No comments: