Monday, September 5, 2011

Busy Times

This is the first chance I've had to sit down all weekend! It's been a busy one. Alex and I got to spend a couple of days down at my parents house in Pennsylvania...


Of course we stopped at the Krispy Kreme. Twice. (On the way there and the way back...)


This is my mom's antique shop. They were closing up for the day.


It's called "Lavender and Old Lace".


I think Alex is taller than Grampy now.


Mom made some yummy homemade sweet potato fries (and regular fries too) with their deep fryer.


This is where Alex and I stayed. Alex is very allergic to cats, so he really couldn't sleep in the house since they have 3 cats. So this was a fun alternative. We even had a/c and indoor plumbing. 5-star accommodations!


This is a fun bottle tree in front of their shop. I think I want one...


We got to go to Knoebel's Amusement Park for a little bit. Alex and I love their pickles on a stick. So we had to get them! (Grampy watched in horror as we ate our pickles...)


This is from the NY State Fair. I've actually been twice this weekend. Friday night and Monday afternoon. (Friday with Alex and Monday with Eric.)


The infamous butter sculpture. I still don't really get the attraction. But it's always on the list of things to see.


Alex played some midway games. I have lots more pictures, these are all (of course) from my phone. I've gotten lazy with the camera. It's nice just carrying around one electronic device though! Eric took some nice pictures. I'll try to get some more up this week. We also went to the annual end-of-summer Pelo party last night. As soon as we sat down for the bonfire, the rains came. And they didn't stop. And it rained all day today too... but it sure didn't stop us from getting out and having fun!


We've got much busier times ahead. School starts Thursday. Cross-country meets begin next week. There's always so much to do in the fall!

No comments: