Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Running is a Dangerous Sport

* * * Warning: Graphic Image Below * * *


Alex took a fall today at cross country practice. On his face. I guess he wasn't really running. He was kind of fooling around, waiting to go on a run. But still, he was at practice... I took him to urgent care. This was the nice doctor cleaning him up. There were thankfully no breaks, no concussion, no broken teeth. Nothing too serious....


There might be a few scars though. But, he'll be ok. And he'll be a little more careful from now on. I hope. Me on the other hand, it might take awhile longer to recover. I did after all, pass out in the exam room. They were ready for me though. They said that many moms pass out when their kids are laying all bloody on the exam table. So I guess I'm normal. And I'm always able to embarrass my poor son, anytime, anywhere.

4 comments:

Beth in NEPA said...

I seem to remember a visit to emergency once or twice. (like the time at the restaurant where you waitressed and slipped on the guys false teeth!.) Thought a bit of levity might help!
Now Alex has battle scars!
Sorry you both had to go through this.

D said...

Glad to hear you are both recovering.

Dale said...

OH NO!! I hope it looks worse than it actually is!! It must be painful and with braces it must have cut the inside of his lip.....ugh. Poor Alex. Feel better soon!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Alex! Cousin Kelly said you should get all the popsicles you want to feel better soon.