Saturday, July 28, 2012

Week in Review

We've had a busy week this week. Here's a quick re-cap of our activities...




Monday evening, our company hosted a "Chiefs Night" at the local ballpark. It was a nice event and always fun to catch a baseball game. (I posted more photos on Facebook if you'd care to see more.)


On Wednesday, a friend of ours was performing with his band at a park in the village. It was a lovely evening to sit out on a blanket and listen to great music.


On Friday, our company had a clam bake. Yes, I ate LOTS of clams. I had to eat Eric's share of clams too! Sadly, I think I might have been able to eat more. I love clams. It was a fun afternoon, and made even more fun because we didn't have to work!



And this morning, Alex ran the Harborfest 10k. He had a great run. He came in 4th place overall, with a time of 39:39. The 10k ran at the same time as the 5k, so it was a little confusing at the finish to know who ran what. There were about 250 in the 5k and about 75 or so in the 10k. Here's the results if you'd like to see them.


He even got a 1st place medal for being first in his age group. (He was technically 2nd, but one guy ahead of him got a trophy for being in the Top 3 overall... so that guy didn't get a medal since he got a trophy...)


He was pleased, and even had a bit of a smile.

1 comment:

Beth in NEPA said...

Proud of you Alex!
Amanda, that love of clams is PROBABLY genetic!. One thing I love about out trip to Maine and NB every year is that I can have clams any time I want. Not so easy around here.