Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hamburger Pie, Hot Dogs and Super Storms


I haven't posted any recipes for awhile. Here's one I hadn't made in years. Hamburger Pie. It's perfect comfort food for a pre-apocalyptic meal.

 
This recipe is from an old Better Homes and Gardens Hamburger cook book I have. I think maybe my mom gave it to me? I'm not sure, but it's got some great recipes! And the recipe is online if you'd like to try it. It's super easy, and only has 5 ingredients. And I only use real potatoes, not fake ones. And I substituted baby carrots for the green beans, because certain people I live with don't like green beans... oh and I didn't put in onions either because of that same certain person.


Jenny got to suffer for her annual "Hot Dog" costume pose. She lasted about 23 seconds this year.

Stay safe everyone, Superstorm Sandy is probably going to affect most of my loyal blog readers in one way or another. I was shocked by the amount of people at the grocery stores today with full carts of bottled water. I didn't realize we were in the epi-center of the storm, but I suppose the weather folks and the media like to think that everybody should be prepared no matter what. I did get a small package of batteries for our flashlights, just in case we lose power. Other than that, I think we have enough food to last a week. Plus we live less than 5 minutes from 2 different Wegmans, a Price Chopper and a Tops, so I think we'll be ok.


No comments: