Sunday, November 4, 2012

Weekend Update

 
I can't even tell you how awful the weather was yesterday for the Section III Championships. This photo doesn't do it justice. It was 38 degrees and sleeting at the start of the race. I felt awful for the kids who were running. I'm pretty sure Alex wishes he had worn gloves or some sleeves or something. But he still did really well. It wasn't the fastest race of the year, but it was by far the most difficult. Alex came in 22nd overall, and 4th for his team. I loved the retro orange uniforms they wore.

 
Two kids from Liverpool made it to the State meet as Individuals. (Ben and Dan, top row... the short guys. One is a freshman, one is a sophomore.) And of course Fayetteville-Manlius qualified their whole team... next year might have a different outcome... Liverpool is only graduating 1 senior from their Top 7. But this year, the season isn't quite over yet. They're waiting to see if they're going to get a bid to run in the Federation Meet. We'll find out next Saturday. Meanwhile, they keep on running.
 


And look who came up for the weekend to see Alex run. My parents and my brother! I'm sure they were wishing for warmer weather yesterday too, but it was fun having them here. And I'm glad they got to see Alex run, even if the weather didn't cooperate. We're looking forward to having them again in 2 weeks for Thanksgiving.

No comments: