Saturday, March 30, 2013

Busy Time Ahead

I think is going to be my first post ever without pictures. I just wanted to give an update about all the fun things we have coming up in April! First off, the first Track Meet of the season is Monday. Yep. Already. It's still cold and snowy. Crazy. I'll be there, I have Monday & Tuesday off this week. I'll be wearing 8 layers of pants and sweaters and I'll still be cold.

On Tuesday, Alex and I are going on our first official college visit! I think I might be more excited than he is. He's been quiet about the whole college process so far, I've been trying to encourage some involvement and get him excited. Maybe once we visit a school, he'll start to perk up and realize it's really happening. Our first visit will be the University of Rochester. Home of the Yellow Jackets. We don't know a lot about the Univ. of Rochester. It's small and private (aka: expensive)... but they have a great academic program and are a Division III school for Cross Country & Track.

On Saturday, we have a visit at SUNY Geneseo. Home of the Knights. Alex likes Geneseo. The track coach has already contacted him. It's a smaller state school, that is fairly affordable. They also have a great Div. III Cross Country & Track Team. (An Alex must-have.)

On Sunday, my cake decorating class begins! I can't wait. After that, Alex has more meets, Tel Auc will get underway for 8 nights, and more college visits will be happening. (On April 27th we go to Ithaca.) I think it will be May before we know it!

1 comment:

Dale said...

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to seeing Track Meet photos - GO ALEX!!