Sunday, March 24, 2013

Random Things


This is what we woke up to yesterday. Yes, 3 days after Spring officially started. I think it's safe to say the Groundhog had no idea what he was talking about.


Today we went to the Regional Market and picked up some donuts... I feel like we hadn't been there in forever. I actually wanted to get some fresh baked good from the Amish folks, but they weren't there... such a let down. But the donuts made up for it a little.

I've been thinking lately that I want to learn how to decorate cakes. Not just throwing on frosting and sticking on some candles, but really decorating cakes. Like my mom used to do. I always remember her making fancy cakes when I was growing up. I learned a few trick from her (always keep the frosting ahead of the knife...) but I want to learn how to make flowers. And fancy borders. And fancy decorations. So I signed up for a class at AC Moore, which starts April 7th. I have my Beginner Kit ready to go. I can't wait! And just think, if you know me, I'm sure you will enjoy some "practice" cakes very soon... 

2 comments:

Beth in NEPA said...

I am happy you remember those cakes. They were always fun to make. You will have fun making them. And your family will no doubt be pleased too.

Whitaker Woods said...

I can't wait for the test pieces!