Thursday, September 25, 2014

Back to the drawing board. Again.

Most of yesterday was great. I was positive I was going to get the job at Natur-Tyme. I aced the interview, got a 2nd interview. Then I got an email. From the owner. Telling me that my salary range was way out of their budget. What? I gave them a range that was $10k LESS than what I was making at WCNY. And it was just a range, they could have offered less. Instead, they just said thanks but no thanks, you have too much experience and we can't afford you. Good luck. The end.

So now I'm back to the beginning. I have no more resumes out there in my field. There are no job openings. I really don't know what to do. I sent an email to my unemployment counselor asking for help. She's on vacation. So I guess I wait until next week to talk to her. I'm toying with the idea of going back to school. I just don't know what I should go back to school for! Nursing is a great field, there are hundreds of nursing jobs. Hundreds. But I'm not sure I could even pass the courses! My brain isn't fresh like it used to be. So what could I even do? I'm too old for the military. Any suggestions??



On a much happier note, I thought I'd share a couple of photos of Alex's suite at Albany. He and his suite-mates have decorated, in pure teenage male style, a fun area to watch tv.


The art work on the walls is unique and perfect. They each hung one of their old HS track singlets.
Alex is doing well and enjoying college. It's "so much better than high school" he said. 


No comments: