Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Update

Well, O'Brien & Gere is a no-go. They gave the job to the intern. They said we both had the similar experience (really??) but they had to go with the internal candidate. I think they were going to give it to her all along, I had no chance.

So I've moved on, after I spent yesterday moping around the house. I applied to 6 more jobs in the last 2 days. Only one of which was a design job. There just aren't that many around. And I've got to do something. I'm half-way through unemployment with nothing in sight.

I applied on a whim for a job in the bakery at Wegmans, and they called me 4 hours later. I have a phone interview on Monday. It would only be part-time and I certainly wouldn't have to stay forever, but it might be a fun thing to do to get me out of the house while I'm still applying for jobs in my field. And maybe I'd love it so much, I'd eventually become a manager of some sort. What a twist that would be. Wegmans is a great company to work for, so you never know...





2 comments:

Beth in NEPA said...

And may they have need of some graphic design work... you never know.....

D said...

Life is full if strange twists. You just never know. We're all rooting for you Amanda.