Thursday, January 20, 2011

New Favorite Author

My Nook and I have been very busy lately. I discovered a new favorite author. Debbie Macomber. I bought this book "Between Friends", it was in the "Cheap" section of the Barnes and Noble Nook store. Well, I absolutely loved it. So then of course I wanted to read more books by her.

So I found this book, "16 Lighthouse Road". The thing that got me excited about this book was that it was the first in a series, called the "Cedar Cove Series".

I'm now on my 2nd book in that series. "204 Rosewood Lane". I love when you can start a new book and you're already familiar with the characters. And I have at least 9 more books after this! I can't wait!!

3 comments:

Beth in NEPA said...

Well my dear.... I own that complete set and others she has written do don't go crazy buying them.

Linnette said...

Amanda, I love Debbie Macomber and have read all the the Cedar Point series......but my absolute favorite is Between Friends. (I also bought it used.) I usually resell my paperbacks because I read so much, but I had to keep Between Friends! I went to a reading by Debbie in Portland. She is adorable. She has a character in her books named Linnette!!!!!

Amanda said...

Mom, I don't know if I can wait to get yours! I'm addicted... although I could probably go to the library and just take them out. The nook is so fun to use though.

Linnette, I loved "Between Friends" so much! I'm glad I stumbled onto it and I'm glad I found her other books too. The one I was reading last night had a Linnette character in it and I thought of you!