Saturday, August 27, 2011

Come on, Irene!

I have no idea what we're really expecting to get out of Irene here. I think it's just going to be rainy. And maybe 20-30 mph winds. I saw this today while I was at WalMart. The utility trucks were from Wisconsin. (Or was it Michigan...) Either way, I imagine they were on their way to the storm zone. There were a lot more when I got there, but by the time I parked and got my camera out, many of them had left. It's nice to see the help on its way. Hopefully they get there safely.


Alex had a "hill" practice today. This picture was from the warm-down. On the other side of the "hill". It was a beautiful day today. The calm before the storm? Or just a beautiful day. I wish I had felt better. I woke up with a slight fever, a stuffy nose and a sore throat. Right out of nowhere. I'm so annoyed. I'm still planning on running that 5k tomorrow. I hope I'm feeling better. Nothing worse than feeling sick while running a 5k during a Hurricane...


No comments: