Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Random Things

This past weekend, Alex and I went to Fleet Feet for some new running shoes for cross country season. I was a coupon goddess... or something along those lines. I had a gift certificate for a "free" pair of shoes. (I actually got it during TelAuc, so it wasn't technically free, but I had paid for it long ago...) I also had a $25 voucher for spending so much money at Fleet Feet last year. PLUS, the guy gave Alex free socks. (a $10 value.) So the above shoes, the watch, PowerBars (3 for the price of 2!) and the socks were all of $34. The shoes were valued at over $100. The watch was $55. So yeah, I did well! The guy called me one of those "extreme couponers"...


I thought I'd share our new favorite thing. Well, not really new. Newish. This is from Aldi. It barely lasts an evening around these parts. If you're near an Aldi, pick up a box. You won't regret it!


In other running news, I'm running a 5k on Sunday. I haven't really shared my latest getting in shape stories. There haven't really been any stories. I just sort of started the "Couch to 5k" program a little over a month ago. (It's also known as C25K.) It's been wonderful. I highly recommend it. It's a 9 week program where you start out mostly walking, gradually ease in some jogging with the walking and end up just jogging. I'm currently on Week 6. I probably shouldn't do a 5k just yet, but I had already signed up for it. I feel pretty good about it. I'm up to 25 straight minutes of jogging, so I think I might just be able to run the entire 5k this time around. And my legs feel great. The best thing about the C25K program is the rest. You only run every other day. I think that's the key. Letting your body heal and rest and not pushing too much. If all goes well on Sunday, I'm going to do the Arc 5k on September 10th.


Oh and yet even more running news, Alex's cross-country team has 43 runners on it. It's apparently the largest team in school history. I dare say he's got some great competition this season! It's going to be a fun year. If anyone would like to attend any of his meets, let me know. I'll send a schedule. His first meet is September 14th.


2 comments:

Dale said...

Grandma & Grandpa C. would love a schedule!

Whitaker Woods said...

Seriously? You rock with coupons!! Got any good ones for school clothes?? We'll take a schedule too.