Sunday, October 2, 2011

15 Year Stats and McQuaid

I took Alex to his 15 year physical on Friday. (15 years!?! Wha?) Anyway, I thought it would interesting to post his "stats". Alex is now 5' 9.5" tall and weighs 125 lbs. The doctor said that if he stays on this track, he will be 5' 11" tall when he's done growing. And I was thinking he'd be over 6'... I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Yesterday was the big "McQuaid Invitational" in Rochester. It was cold. It was rainy. It was windy. But I guess Alex runs well in cold, rainy, windy conditions.

Here he is racing towards the finish line. That guy in the front, he's in 3rd place overall. Alex is on the right hand side, trying to stay out of the mud.

Alex finished in 7th place, out of 347 runners in the "Varsity B" race. He got a medal and a t-shirt! He was quite pleased to say the least.

He put his neat new t-shirt on right away. (I think he might have slept in it too...)

After the race, it's a team tradition to have a pasta dinner at McQuaid. This is the Liverpool "compound". It was SO cold this year, I think it was around 45 degrees by the time the races were over. The rain stayed away, but as you can see, I've already broken out the winter coat and gloves. (That's me in the red coat on the left.) I saw the forecast for next weekend, thankfully it's back in the 60's. I'm not ready for winter yet.

2 comments:

Dale said...

Great job, Alex! So glad that you
have found your mojo again and are back to being a contender. We are so proud of you!
Also, I think I'll have to disagree with the Doc's prediction of Alex only growing to 5'11"!

Beth in NEPA said...

Alex you are doing great. Grampy and I are proud of you!!!

Amanda, Your father was only 5'4" when he was a SENIOR in High School. With that in mind, no telling how tall Alex will be!