Saturday, December 10, 2011

Decking the Halls

We decorated the house last weekend. It's our 4th Christmas with the 9' tree. We still like it. A lot. So does Jenny.

We got a new ornament while we were on vacation this year. It's always fun putting up the ornaments, most of them bring back great memories.

Today I finally attempted to make Sheila's Famous Caramel Corn. We were very pleased with not only how easy it was to make, but how tasty it was! I think we might be making this more often! Incidentally, do you pronounce it "Car-mel" or "Car-a-mel"? This has been quite the debate going on in our house for awhile...

One more thing before I finish up this post. This is SRC Arena. Well, it's an artist's rendering. This was built at the Syracuse Campus of Onondaga Community College (aka "OCC"). It just officially opened yesterday. Guess what's inside that arena?? There's a 6-lane Indoor Track in there! All of Section III track meets will be run here this year. I cannot express how happy this makes me. Not to have to drive all over the state in the middle of the winter to attend track meets. I think the kids are pretty excited about it too. I can't wait to see it. The first meet is Wednesday, I'll be sure to take lots of pictures! (Well, don't I always??)

1 comment:

Linnette said...

Your tree is beautiful!