Thursday, December 1, 2011

Cookies, Treadmills and Managers

It has been a crazy busy week since Thanksgiving. Well, since before Thanksgiving really, but even more so since I've been back to work. But before I get into that, I wanted to share a photo of the first batch of holiday cookies that I made over the weekend. Eric's favorite. Apparently I had never made them for my parents, so it was good they were here to enjoy the warm chocolate-peanut-buttery goodness.

This is another thing I did over the weekend. I bought a treadmill. The Black Friday Sports Authority Door Buster was quite a good deal! (And I didn't even have to wake up at 4am to get it!) Given the above photo of the chocolate-peanut-buttery goodness, it is probably a VERY good thing that I bought it. I've been wanting one for a long time. So with my extra freelance money, I splurged. It's been wonderful so far. And Eric even joins me on the elliptical for a little workout too. I think our "gym" is rather basement-y, but that's ok. It works for me.

So back to the busy week I've had at work. On Monday, it was a back-to-the-grind kind of day. But there seemed to be a strange air about the day. And at 4:50pm, we figured out why. The HR woman and the GM came down to our department and announced they had just fired our boss. It took every ounce of self-control for each of us to keep a straight, serious face while they spoke to us. But we did it. There were high-5's flying and we were jumping for joy the moment they left. It was a LONG time coming, and it finally, actually, really happened. We had to pinch ourselves that we weren't dreaming.

Since that moment, I was kind of promoted to the "manager" of the department. Which so far has been a little crazy. We've been uncovering all the items of business that the former boss had been neglecting for quite some time. It's been a long couple of days trying to re-organize the calendar and schedule projects that we didn't even know existed. We'll get there, it'll take time to start running smoothly, but we're happy and relieved that he's finally gone!

And I guess that's about all that's been going on around here. It's now December, time to start thinking about Christmas!! Decorating to commence this weekend...

3 comments:

D said...

Congratulations on your new position. Love the kiss cookies, I'm with Eric, they're my favorite too. We also have a treadmill which is rarely used. We got an exercise bike last year which I love and use daily when I can't get out. It took us a little trial and error to find the right piece of equipment for us.

Aunt Margi said...

So happy for you. Work should be a good place to be. What a relief! Also your cookies look yummy and the treadmill would be good for me too. I have a nordic track that sometimes gets away from me so you won't find me on it much. Roger's elliptical proved to big for me!

Beth in NEPA said...

Loved the tree as usual. And we enjoyed the cookies on our drive home. Your father is using the treadmill at exercise place three times a week. He will be ready for the Turkey Trot next year
Glad about the job.