Friday, March 23, 2012

Another Brick in the Wall


Last evening, Eric and I went to a "Brit Floyd" concert at the Landmark Theatre. Who is Brit Floyd? Well, Brit Floyd is the "World's Greatest Pink Floyd Tribute Band" of course!  We got the tickets through WCNY. PBS had a Brit Floyd concert on this month. And interestingly enough, the lead singer of Brit Floyd is from Syracuse, and Eric got shoot an interview with him a few weeks ago.


I wasn't a huge Pink Floyd fan growing up, but I certainly knew a lot of their songs. I know that the words "We don't need no education", really got my attention and may or may not have been my motto in the 6th grade.


I didn't necessarily know what "Comfortably Numb" was all about back then, but I do remember the song.


If you had told me that "Pink Floyd" was actually there and not some tribute band called "Brit Floyd", I probably would not have been able to tell the difference. Except I might have questioned why the band members were so young. But they sure sounded like Pink Floyd. And the light show was quite spectacular.


It was an interesting evening. Another event that I was happy to have experienced. But I'm not necessarily sure I'd want to experience it again. Especially with the guy behind us who thought he could out-sing the band.



I do love going to events at the Landmark Theatre. It's such a majestic place and holds so much history.



I just love the architecture. They recently had a major renovation. I'm glad that a place with such history will be around for a long time to come. I look forward to visiting the Theatre again. Hopefully soon.

1 comment:

D said...

I love the ornate theater, beautiful. I have to say I used to have a Pink Floyd 8 track.