Friday, March 30, 2012

Details, details


Here it is! I picked it up today after work. It's a 2013 Mazda CX-5. They're brand spanking new this year. I accidentally discovered them just the other day while looking online for cars. I was very pleasantly surprised at all it had to offer, which was everything I was looking for. And it was right at my price range too. So I went to a local Mazda dealer and took one for a ride. It was literally just taken off the truck when I got there. It had 2 miles on it and dead bugs were still stuck to the side mirrors from the trip. 



As soon as I drove it, I knew I had to have it. (Unfortunately, I think the sales guy could read my mind, so it was a bit more difficult to negotiate!) It is indeed a manual transmission. For those who know me, know I love my stick shifts! It's a 6-speed. It also just happens to get 35 mpg. I know! That's crazy. But it's true. It has the best fuel economy of any SUV in North America! (I read that somewhere.) It was also named "Top Safety Pick" by the Insurance Institute for Highway safety.

So that's it! I'm looking forward to many years and many fun road trips with our new vehicle!

3 comments:

Whitaker Woods said...

Road trip! Count me in!

D said...

Very nice. Nothing like that new car smell. Can't wait to see it.

Beth in NEPA said...

Enjoyed our ride in your new car today!