Thursday, May 31, 2012

The End of the Road


And so ends a very successful Sophomore Year of running for Alex. Today was the State Qualifier meet. They needed a miracle to get to continue to States. The miracle didn't happen. They all did a great job though. Their relay team placed 3rd in their division. You have to come in 1st or beat a qualifying time in order to continue on to States.


Alex had a great race. He's starting to feel better and is getting that confidence back. But I think it's time to rest now. The funny thing, today we received an email from the Cross Country coach. There's a meeting Monday and "unofficial" practice begins July 9th... the fun never ends!


Alex had his Track Banquet on Tuesday. This was the best I could do for a picture. He's not much into posing. I just had to get proof that he was wearing a tie.


Here are the place settings for the tables. Along with the programs I designed. I love that the Banquet hall used orange napkins and blue tablecloths. I hope we have it here again next year. The Banquet was a great success! I need to remember to bring business cards next time I do the programs though. Lots of people had nice things to say about them, maybe next year I can drum up some extra freelance work!

1 comment:

Dale said...

Congratulations, Alex! Glad to hear you are doing better and that you are finished until July 9th. Time to rest and recuperate and train at your own pace. You look handsome!