Tuesday, April 23, 2013

West Genesee Meet


The sun was shining bright yesterday at the West Genesee dual meet. And it was finally warm! I thought this was a fun picture of some of us parents watching the meet. I'm the 2nd from the left, and no, that's not a giant growth coming out of my side, it's just my giant purse.


Alex ran 3 events yesterday, and of course I missed the first 'epic' 4x800 relay. Which they won. I always miss the first event. I even got there earlier, but I still missed it. 


I did get to watch him run the 800 meter. He kicked butt in that race. He was 3rd-4th during the first lap, but with a half lap to go, he blew by everyone.


And he finished in 1st. He also ran the 4x400, but they fell short in that race. Not a bad day over all though. Friday he has a big meet in Chittenango. They only get to qualify for sectionals and state qualifying at the Invitationals, and this is the first big Invitational of the season. So, a lot rides on Friday. But, I think he'll do just fine.

1 comment:

Dale said...

Good luck on Friday, Alex, although I'm sure you will put in an outstanding effort and get outstanding results!!