Sunday, January 11, 2015

The Weekend

After my first week back to work in 6 months, the weekend was a nice relief. Not that my first week was terribly stressful or over-worked. It's just that I haven't done the 9 hour work day, 5 days a week for quite awhile! And truthfully, I haven't done it in years. I've usually had an 8.5 hour work day... which I would prefer. I don't need an hour lunch and I hate that I have to take one. I'd rather only have 30 minutes for lunch and leave 30 minutes earlier. That last half hour of work, nobody works. Everybody spends their time chatting, packing up and waiting to leave. It's really pointless. But I'm not in charge, so I do as I'm told.

I'm interested to see how my 2nd week goes. My first week was pretty well-defined. I had a pre-made schedule and training appointments all week. And meetings with my boss. Now my new boss is gone, and I'm not sure I will have a set schedule, so I wonder how things will go.

This coming weekend (15th-17th) is Travel Auction. Can I tell you how happy I am that I don't have to deal with that?! Unfortunately, Eric still does. And he's not sure what his schedule will be yet. But I imagine I'll have some quiet 'alone' time next weekend. Although, Alex will be back for a couple of days. He's leaving today. He's driving himself to Albany. He has to report back for practice tomorrow. But classes don't start until the 21st. So he'll come back next weekend, leave his car and take the train back. This saves me a round-trip to Albany. And it allows him the freedom of grocery shopping and eating out, since the dining hall will not be open yet. (They get a $30/day stipend from the coach, so at least it's 'free' food!) I think he'll be eating well. And it will be nice for him to have the freedom to leave campus. I told him to go to Walmart and stock up on food/water for the semester. I imagine that he will. That's been his biggest issue is not having access to bottled water. He drinks a LOT of water. I got him a filtered water pitcher for his fridge, but that's just not the same.

Oh! And on Tuesday of this week Eric and I are attending the WCNY "Holiday" party. (Yes, I know, it's January 13th.) They decided to cheap out (I mean be smart about money for a change) and have it after Christmas, on a Tuesday. And I'm actually going. I wasn't going to go. But I figured, why shouldn't I go? I didn't do anything wrong. And if anyone (the GM?) is uncomfortable about seeing me, that's not my problem. I have lots of friends still at WCNY, and I'm excited to get to see them again. It will be interesting though, I'm sure.




1 comment:

Linnette said...

Enjoy that "Holiday" party!!!!!