Saturday, January 17, 2015

Two Weeks Down!

I survived my 2nd week back in the work force. And aside from the frigid temps and crappy drives into work practically every day, things have been going well. I'm adjusting well, I'm learning lots of new things, plus I'm starting to sneak a little bit of graphics work into my daily work flow. 



This is my new cubicle. I haven't really decorated at all. I brought in a Maine calendar (thanks Mom!) and my Krispy Kreme donut mug. And a little picture of Alex. And that's about it so far. I'm sure it will have a more personal look soon enough. For now, it's clean and I can still find things. So that's a good thing.



If I turn around in my chair, this is my view. The sky is actually blue when I took this! Earlier that day, there was a white out. And those windows tend to howl when the wind is blowing. And there's a bit of a breeze. Which might be nice in the summer, but it's a little on the cold side now. 

Eric is working this weekend and next for the Travel Auction. I'm happy I don't have to work. I guess there are some perks to getting laid off from WCNY! Oh, and I went to the 'holiday' party this past week. It was nice to see about 98% of the people there. I received a warm welcome and I got tons of hugs, several were so tight I couldn't breathe. It's safe to say that I am missed. Which makes me feel good. And I am very glad that I went to the party.

Alex returned yesterday from Albany. He (and the car) safely made the trip back and forth. And I managed to not have a heart attack. He's heading back tomorrow on the train for the 2nd semester. He's looking forward to getting back and returning to his regular schedule. His foot is still bothering him, so he has a doctor's appointment on Monday for an x-ray. If they find anything, he might red-shirt his freshman year track season, which wouldn't be a bad thing. It just means he'd have an extra year of eligibility that he could use if he goes to graduate school. We're hoping there's nothing wrong though, but if there is, he can rest, get better and then continue with his college running career when he's better. 

So that's about it from here. I'll try to be better with updating the blog. That work thing sure takes up a lot of time though! Plus I'm trying to keep the Cooking blog updated too. I had a lot going on this week, so that didn't get as much action as I was hoping for either. I've got a lot of recipes I'm going to work on this weekend so I can have some new posts this week.


2 comments:

Beth in NEPA said...

Happy to contribute to your office decor!

Beth in NEPA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.