Friday, November 11, 2016

Update



We've had a quiet week this week. Eric's been very tired and not feeling up to doing much. He's still going to work every day, but once he gets home, he's pretty beat. So we just hang out and relax in the evenings. 

Some side effects that are getting to him this week are the mouth sores, exhaustion, upset stomach, and not tasting food (and therefore not really wanting any).He's most likely lost a couple of pounds this time around, since all of those things combined, means he's not really eating a lot.



I have been trying to keep him interested in food. I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies, which goes really well with hot cocoa. He did manage to have a bunch of those. He also seems to be craving carbs. Pizza, pasta and mac n cheese. Whenever he says he's in the mood for a certain food, I'm all over it. I made a baked Mac n Cheese with bacon last night, he had 2 helpings of that plus leftovers for lunch today. I'm determined to do whatever I can to help him keep his weight up! 



2 comments:

D said...

I know it's difficult to be the patient but it isn't easy to watch someone you love go through what Eric is. I admire you greatly Amanda!

Amanda said...

Thanks Diane. I have to say, I admire your profession so much. The nurses we have encountered along the way have all been amazing people.