Monday, November 24, 2008

Oh no, the big 4-0!



Today was a fun day, even though it was the day I turned 40. It was all about the food. And tomorrow I will need to start my diet.

I got to work this morning and a friend had decorated my office and left a big plate of brownies for me. And another friend made cookies... and then there were the many cups of Dunkin Donuts coffee... then some of the people in my department took me to lunch at Chilis. Then I topped of the evening when Eric, Kelsey and Alex took me to Ichiban Japanese Steakhouse for dinner! I don't think I'll need to eat anything tomorrow. And if it weren't for Thanksgiving on Thursday, I would probably be set for the rest of the week on all the food I ate today!

This was our chef at the Steakhouse. I ordered Chicken Teriyaki, Alex had Beef Teriyaki, Kelsey had Grilled Chicken... and Eric had some sort of chicken thing off the menu... we started the meal with soup, then a salad... then fried rice... sauteed zucchini with onions... fried shrimp.... and then the main course of our chosen meat sauteed with mushrooms... then it was all topped off with bean sprouts. Phew!

This was a shot of our meal in flames.


And after the meal, Alex told them it was my birthday, so they sang Happy Birthday to me in Japanese and brought me this very yummy cupcake that I split with the kids.



Then we got home and Eric surprised me with this fun cake! (The close-up photo is above.) We are are saving it for later though because we are all too full!! So far 40 has been a blast. But I'm thinking I might need to get some sort of exercise equipment if I'm going to keep eating like this!



1 comment:

Beth in NEPA said...

Its a good thing you are pretty "slim" as it is.

Glad your birthday was a good one. We will have to celebrate a bit more on Thanksgiving.