Sunday, June 6, 2010

Random Things

I was cleaning off my camera this evening and saw quite a few photos I've taken this week that I thought I'd share with you. As most of you know, it was my last week of work at NewsChannel 9. Which was kind of bittersweet for me. I made a lot of good friends, who I will miss seeing every day. But on the other hand, the whole news business end of things (stupid news pre-pro!!!!!!) was just getting to me. It just wasn't "fun" going to work anymore. When the bad outweighs the good, it means it's time to go. And that is what was happening to me. The opportunity opened up at WCNY, and I decided to go for it. I am hoping that this will be a good move for me!

I know one thing for sure, I will NOT miss my daily commute down 481. And imagine this in a snow storm. Not fun!! Not that the traffic in Syracuse compares at all to Boston or Chicago, but still, it annoyed me. My old commute was 17 miles each way, my new commute is 7 miles. That's a 20-mile a day difference. 100 miles a week! That I won't be spending in my car driving...

Here's my desk, all cleaned off. Ready for the next person. Or for dust. Not sure what they're going to do with it. I guess it's not my problem!

I will kind of miss these guys though... this was the "crew" that took me out to a great good-bye lunch last Thursday. This is Jim, Ben and Kate. (Kate is new, and will now be the only girl in the department... as I was for the last 6 1/2 years.)

My old boss, Mike (who coincidentally also left recently, but made an appearance for my goodbye lunch...) And of course Beebs, next to Mike. (Sorry for cutting off your head, Beebs!)

And this is Tim and Mark. Mark is going to be very busy doing a lot of my old work. Heh.

And here's Rich and Vince. The class clowns.

And then there's Mike (aka Brownie) and Mark. This Mark will also be busy doing some of my old work. Must be something with the name! Sorry guys!

I took a drive down Erie Boulevard on Friday. I figured I'd take a "last" drive around. I doubt that I will be in that part of town again for awhile. I will miss all the lunch time shopping opportunities. (I think Eric will be happy about that!) But this scene caught my eye. I remember when I started at NewsChannel 9. A Krispy Kreme was built right about the time I got there. We were so excited about it. We even went over for the grand opening. As you can see (click to see it bigger), it went out of business quite a few years ago. And it looks like it's an over-flow parking lot for a local car dealership now. So sad...

1 comment:

Greg and Diane Hayden said...

Hope your first day went well. That's really nice having a shorter commute. We all wish you the very best!!