Saturday, June 19, 2010

Swamp Rats

This morning Alex and I ran another 5k. This time it was The Swamp Rat Races, on the Shores of Oneida Lake. I like this setting a lot more than the one we ran downtown. It was hot, but there was shade and a slight breeze.

We had to pick up our race packets at the race (our number & 'free' t-shirt). Here I am waiting in line.

Alex and I are stretching. It was a beautiful day. Too bad my legs have been bothering me for the last couple of weeks. Shin splits or tendinitis or both... or something. I don't know. But it sucks getting old!!

And they're off! Into the woods... Not sure how many runners there were today. Last year there were 500. The course was nice. A road right along the lake. I wanted to jump in the water. It was so hot.

Here's Alex crossing the finish line, always fighting it out til the end! (He's in the orange.) Not sure what place he got yet. Results have not been posted.

He had a great race though!

This is my favorite picture of the day. As I was going through Eric's photos, the minute I saw this, I knew what went through his mind when he took it. He thought it was me! And he must have been so proud of me for finishing under 30 minutes!! Until he realized... it wasn't me.

This however... was me. Sweaty and tired.

And not finishing under 30 minutes! I actually felt better today than I did 2 weeks ago at Paige's Butterfly Run. But my time was 20 seconds slower. Oh well. I still finished!

And I was happy. Sweaty, but happy.

No comments: