Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Vacation

We're in countdown mode. Vacation begins tomorrow at 5pm. We take-off Friday at 7:00am for Orlando. We're hoping to be at our hotel, having lunch by noon. We've got lots of fun plans already and lots of free time too. So far we've made reservations at several favorite restaurants and we'll plan our days around that.

One big thing we're doing that I'm very excited about is visiting with an old friend on Saturday. Debbie and I were next-door neighbors when we lived on the Navy Base in Puerto Rico, our fathers were in the military. I was in 1st grade and she was in Kindergarten when we met. We have remained friends all these years. We've visited each other many times, the last time was over 10 years ago, but I'm sure it'll feel like no time has passed once we get together.



Here's a photo of us that she posted on her facebook page. I think it's circa 1977. My mom would know better... she was our Brownie leader. Anyway, we've both changed a bit, but we've managed to remain friends through so many moves and so many years. We always joke that we are each others "oldest friends".

3 comments:

Beth in NEPA said...

I am so glad you will be able to see Debbie. It was around 1977. We were there from 76-78 so that is a good guess.
Hard to believe Debbie now has practically grown up daughters.
I still remember the time she was supposed to spend the night but as the evening wore on she announced "I think I'll go home now." LOL

Linnette said...

Cute little girls! Enjoy your vacation!

Greg and Diane Hayden said...

Love the brownie picture. I have one of those too. My mom used to torture me with home perms so I looked like Shirely Temple.