Sunday, June 5, 2011

Mulching and TelAuc-ing

We have had a very busy weekend. And exhausting. TelAuc is wiping us (well, me at least!) out this year. I had to work until 1:30 am, for 3 days in a row. For someone who is usually asleep by 10pm, this is not an easy feat. Especially 3 days in a row. The first day, I got up at 6:30. The second day, it was 8:30. And today, finally I almost got 7 hours of sleep and woke up around 10. We're back to "normal" for 3 days, then it's back at it next weekend. I have been able to get a few fun items. Mostly coffee and gift cards. And I was able to give one of the coffee gift packs to my neighbor today, because they gave us free mulch. They got a truckload of mulch and they gave us about 15 wheelbarrow full loads for free!

And speaking of mulch... here's a before and after of a tree in the front of the house. Before I mulched, I had to do some serious trimming. I even broke out the electric chainsaw. And then filled 7 lawn bags with all of the dead/discarded twigs and branches. It was SO nice to get this project done. That tree has been an eyesore since we moved in. (That "before" photo was actually taken 2 years ago... I forgot to take one this morning - it was much worse than that!)

A nice clean entrance... I like the dark mulch. I used reddish mulch before, this is a nice change. And it matches the neighbor!


Another view of the entrance.

3 comments:

Beth in NEPA said...

Looking GREAT!!!

Greg and Diane Hayden said...

Your landscaping looks wonderful. Very nice neighbor!!

Whitaker Woods said...

I love the "new" look. More and more people I know are switching to the darker mulch.