Saturday, January 7, 2017

Donut Day


I had to run to the bank this morning. And usually that also means we get donuts. There's a fabulous local donut shop called "Just Donuts" right next to the bank. We can't go to the bank without also stopping for donuts. It just can't be done. 




And wouldn't you know, today they were having a Facebook Special because they just got their 5,000th like. So we got a dozen donuts for $5. You can't beat that! I'm glad I was heading that way anyway, the line wasn't too bad when I got there, but it was out the door by the time I left. I'm glad they're getting a lot of business. They're a great local business. And the donuts are delicious.



We had sweet and sour chicken with rice and carrots for dinner. Eric liked it. He's eaten quite a bit today, including a couple of donuts. He's had a couple of bathroom trips, but nothing too extreme.  His hands are still bothering him. He's using lots of lotion and keeping the loose skin trimmed. And I'm trying to do everything for him that hurts his hands. (Such as opening bottles of water, washing the dishes, letting the dog out, zipping up his pants, etc.) I'm not sure how long this takes to heal, but I hope it's not too long.

It looks like Syracuse was spared from the latest snow that seems to be hitting the east coast. Not that we haven't had enough already (62" so far.) and I'm sure we'll be getting more soon enough. (Tomorrow.) Hope everyone on the East Coast stays safe and warm.

No comments: