Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Tuesday Evening Update


Eric had a good day today. He ate 3 meals. For breakfast he had some Cream of Rice cereal and a banana. Lunch was leftover Egg Drop soup and for dinner he had some chicken noodle soup. And then he had some vanilla pudding. He had some chocolate that he got for Christmas too. Oh and he also had a bunch of gummie bears. And with all of that, he has yet to have a bowel movement since this morning. Which means it all stayed inside. He seemed to have a little bit of energy when I got home from work, which was nice to see. He's now playing on his tablet. Something he didn't do at all last week. It's nice to seem him getting back to his normal self. 

Going back to work was strange for me. I felt like I was in a daze. But within a couple of hours, I was feeling better about everything. And when I got home from work, I made dinner. Which is something I didn't do for 9 days. I love to cook and it was great to have a home cooked meal again. I think Alex was happy about that too. He was a big help last week taking care of Jenny, running errands and doing chores for me. It was nice not to have to worry about all of that.

Next Wednesday Eric has an appointment with his oncologist to discuss the next steps. Eric is having some reservations about continuing with the chemotherapy as it is right now. The doctor would like to discuss other options and talk about pros and cons of continuing vs not continuing. I believe some changes are needed. The dosages could be lowered, which might be all that is needed. We'll have to see what the doctor has to say. In the meantime, we look forward to continued improvements.

No comments: