Sunday, April 11, 2010

Stripping, Cleaning & Cooking

We had a very productive weekend. Everybody seems to be in a cleaning and organizing mode around here! Maybe it's the nice Spring weather...

On Saturday I went up to Paula's house and helped her strip wallpaper in her kitchen. She also blogged about it, if you'd like to hear more about it! It was a fun afternoon. And I can't wait to see the finished room. Someday. (Hurry up and pick a paint color, Paula!)

Today I got the urge to clean my closet. Must have been the fact that my sons closet was cleaner than mine... I was a little embarrassed! But now it's clean. And more organized.

I've also been spending a lot of time in the basement. This is a "before" photo. Or actually more of a "during" photo... it's a big mess. It'll be a couple of weeks before this project is finished. We're slowly getting things into the garage to set up for the yard sale. Anything that doesn't sell is NOT coming back into the house! I'll be making trips to the Rescue Mission with anything that is leftover. No more hoarding for us!

Our weekly menu is pretty normal this week. We are having one new dish on Wednesday. Spinach and Beef Enchiladas. A tasty recipe I found on the Betty Crocker website. I can't wait to try it, it sounds delicious!

No comments: