Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The 2010 Fair

Is it already that time of the year?? It's the "Great" NY State Fair! This year will be very different for me. In years past, I've gone every single day for work. This year, before the fair even begins, I'm done. Except when I want to go for pleasure. The extent of my involvement this year was to create banners/signs and hang them before the fair began. I'm free from having to go out every day! Woo hoo!!

These are some of our banners/signs. These were hung by professionals, thankfully.

These are some of the Sandwich Boards we'll use to promote our shows and events.

This is the kids craft area. PBS kids has a lot of fun activities for kids, so we showcase a lot of that at the Fair. There will be lots of art projects and activities going on at these tables. A new show starts on PBS this year, "The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That". I made this "cut-out" of Thing 1 and Thing 2. Well, I designed it... the sign company made it. And our very nice (and talented) maintenance guy at WCNY cut out the holes and put on the back brace so it won't fall over on some kid.

This is Cathy (a co-worker) and Ed, the very talented maintenance man, posing as Thing 1 and Thing 2!

Eric will be working out at the Fair tomorrow afternoon, taping kids for our "KidSmarts" vignettes. He was supposed to be going out all next week too... but instead, he'll be flying to Dallas. And then to Cleveland. He and another co-worker are going to shoot video for some clients. I hope he takes lots of pictures so I can blog about his trip! He leaves on Tuesday and will return on Saturday.

1 comment:

Whitaker Woods said...

PBS Kids are our favorite!!