Thursday, August 5, 2010

Midweek Report

Today on my lunch break, I thought I would run over to the Farmer's Market to get some food (It's open on Thursdays and Saturdays). I was dreaming of donuts... and a greasy sandwich of some sort. But when I got there, I saw the NewsChannel 9 Live Truck with its mast up. Obviously, they were live for the Noon Show. But since I am no longer a news junkie and barely watch the news, I had no clue what was going on.

But after I rounded the corner, I saw this. Bret Michael's Tour Bus. And a crowd of people. I had heard he cancelled his concert tonight, but didn't know more than that. So I wandered over to talk to my former co-workers from Ch. 9 and they filled me in. Apparently the concert promoter cancelled the show due to lack of ticket sales, without telling Bret and the band. So Bret and the band showed up to play. If you want to read all the details, check this link out. Turns out, Bret is a good guy. And all his fans that showed up got to see him, get autographs and get their photos taken with him. (I had a couple of Facebook friends who posted pictures with him...) Unfortunately, I had to get back to work. Otherwise, I would have stuck around for a photo!
Oh and for those interested, the Donut guy was not at the Farmer's Market today. And I ended up grabbing a quick hot dog from the only food vendor there... Thursdays are definitely not as busy and fun as Saturdays at the Farmer's Market...

Work has really started picking up this week. I have a HUGE To-Do list. One of the big projects of course... The NY State Fair. I guess I will never escape that wherever I work! This is a giant pile of signs that is temporarily taking up space in my office. I have lots more to make. And the fair starts in 3 weeks from today.

No comments: