Friday, October 3, 2014

Lizzie Borden Took an Axe


I have been having the best time volunteering with the George & Rebecca Barnes Foundation. This week they hosted a play, Lizzie Borden Took an Axe. A local theatre company performed the play in the mansion, using all the rooms as their stage. It was really neat. Last night was opening night, I helped 'tend bar' before the show and during intermission.


This is the bar in the dining room.



It's one of my favorite rooms in the mansion.
(I'll take more of the other rooms as I spend more time there.)



This is the front hallway and the grand staircase the goes to the second floor. Such a beautiful place.

I wish I could get paid to work there, I love it. It's fun, the people are great and the mansion has such an amazing history. It's nice to be part of something that means so much to so many people.


No comments: