Thursday, October 9, 2014

What Day Is It?

The problem with not working (aside from not working) is that I have no idea what day it is. My entire life has had a Monday - Friday / Weekend schedule. From school to work. This is the first time since I was about 4 that I have had this much time off from everything. I went up to the Mansion to volunteer yesterday and there was a woman who greeted me and asked me if I wanted coffee. (I love it there, have I mentioned that?) Anyway, she warned me that the coffee was going to be strong. And I said, "Well, it's Monday, so strong is good." It was Wednesday.

So speaking of the mansion, the executive director really wants me to work there full time and get paid. But there's no money. So she said she was going to look into getting a Capacity Grant. I was so excited. I have no idea if it would work out, but what a dream that would be. She wants me to be VP of Marketing. Wouldn't the be so fabulous? Think good thoughts, you never know! She makes things happen, so I wouldn't put it past her!

In the meantime, I have a meeting with an unemployment counselor tomorrow morning. (It took me close to 3 weeks to even get a meeting.) I'm not sure what will come out of the meeting, but I am hoping to find out if I can get an extension and maybe get some money to receive training in a new field or go back to school. There are no jobs in the Syracuse area for me. The other graphic designer who was laid off with me has not found a new job either. We're both in the same boat.




No comments: