Friday, October 10, 2014

Noteworthy.

Apparently my background is "noteworthy". That's it? 25 years of design experience is "noteworthy"?? What an insult. And from RIT nonetheless. I shouldn't let it bother me.They were rude from the get-go. And I knew I wasn't going to get the job. But rejection is never easy. It took me sending several messages to even get a response out of them. I'm sorry, but if I'm going to travel 160 miles to interview with you, at your request, I expect a timely rejection. And not one I have to drag out of you. And not one that is insulting and rude. Jerks.

Oh, and apparently there is no way I will get an extension for unemployment. My benefits will run out on December 23rd. Thanks for nothing. 3 years ago, I would have gotten (3) 6-month extensions. Now, they don't do that. And do you know why? Because they wanted the unemployment numbers to go down. Do you know why they are going down? Because people can't file for unemployment after 6 months. So as of Dec. 23rd, I will no longer be considered unemployed. Even though I most likely won't have a job. Isn't that fun? I love our government. Way to work the numbers in your favor and screw the hard-working citizens.


1 comment:

D said...

I'm so sorry all this is happening to you. Greg wondered if you looked into freelance contract work like Elance. I know there is something out there just right. I wish it was here. I'm hoping that other place can find some money because it sounds like you would love it there as the vp.