Thursday, June 18, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday

This weeks home tour includes a bonus room, play room and/or a laundry room. We don't have a play room and our "bonus" room might be considered our "den". I showed a quick photo of the room back during the living room tour, but I didn't show you around the room. So I'll do that now, because it is kind of a bonus room. Plus, it's really the room we use the most.

This is a wide view of the room, from the kitchen. It's a very casual, comfortable and fun room. This is the TV watching, Wii-playing, relaxation room.

My husband loves photography, these are some old cameras we've picked up at Flea Markets. They're for display only. There's also the "Telly" award that he won. And a couple of assorted photos.

This old Pepsi Cola crate was at my parents house when I was growing up. It was always full of fun games. They gave it to me years ago. It still holds all the games I used to love to play as a kid: Yahtzee, checkers, dominoes, cards, chess, etc.

A close up of the Polaroid Land Camera. We sure have come a long way with cameras! I don't think this would fit in my purse like my little Canon Elph does!

Pee Wee lives on the back of the couch and watches over us.

I almost didn't put a photo of our "laundry room". It's not really a room. It's a space on a wall in the cold, dark basement. I know a lot of newer homes have nice pretty laundry rooms upstairs. As do homes in the south that don't have basements at all. But this is pretty standard for the northeast. I don't think I've ever not had a laundry "space" in the basement. So I guess I'm just used to it!

Hope you enjoyed our tour. Head on back to Kellys Korner to see more great spaces!

4 comments:

Caroline said...

I love the use of old things in your bonus room. It really gives it character. Thanks for sharing.

Nancy Hood said...

enjoyed my visit! have a great weekend :)

Beth in NEPA said...

Good to see the old Pepsi box still in use..... it brought back a lot of memories seeing it again.

McClure Family said...

i love your little collectibles!! jealous!


see my home:
http://mcclurefamilyspace.blogspot.com/