Monday, June 1, 2009

Crawling... and Running...

I hate road construction season!! What a lovely surprise the traffic was this morning. It took me 50 minutes to get to work today. It normally takes 17 minutes.

It might have had a little to do with the speed. I was crawling at a whopping 5 mph. In a 55 mph zone...

The traffic just crawled... and crawled... for miles...

I'm supposed to be at work at 8:30. But I was stuck in traffic. I think I need to find a new way to get to work tomorrow! I know that some of you folks who live in/around bigger cities are probably chuckling at my traffic complaint. But one of the good things about living in a smaller city, is there's usually no traffic. So when there is traffic... it drives me crazy!

I think Alex could have beat me to work today if he had run all the way there. Here he is crossing the finish line of the final 400 meter run of the season. He was indeed in the fast heat, placed 3rd overall and scored for his team. He was very excited! And I apologize, my picture taking ability wasn't at its best since I was trying to watch and cheer at the same time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Alex!