Monday, June 29, 2009

Menu Plans, Cherries and Goats


I'm a little bit late getting this up, but here it is. I'm going to put up my regular "daily" blog post with this since I have the day off and we actually did something fun today!

Sunday: Grilled Hot Dogs, Baked Beans and Tater Tots
Monday: Ground Chicken Burgers with Cheese, 3 Cheese Whole Wheat Pasta, Carrots
Tuesday: Cheese Steak Wraps, Steamed Broccoli
Wednesday: Chicken Quesadillas, Corn
Thursday: Chicken Kabobs with Apple Butter BBQ Sauce, Pineapple, Rice and Rolls
Friday: Pizza
Saturday: 4th of July BBQ

Please check out Organizing Junkie for more Menu Plan Ideas!

Today Alex and I went to a local U-Pick Cherry farm. We had been to this farm before to pick Apples. It's a fun place, especially for kids.

They have a petting zoo too. Alex was amusing himself (and me) while feeding the goats and sheep.

They were quite persistent animals! He tried to be fair and give them all some food. We were amazed how far their little necks could stretch!

The farm has a little store that sells all sorts of NY made goodies, including lots of Maple Syrup type things.

Aside from the cherries that we picked, I bought some Apple Butter BBQ sauce at the store, which I can't wait to use on Thursday as a marinade for the chicken kabobs.

No comments: