Saturday, June 13, 2009

Week In Review

I think this has been the longest I've ever gone without updating the blog! Sorry about that. I hope my loyal readers aren't disappointed! The week seemed to whip by rather fast. I kept meaning to post updates, but something always came up.

We have one single, yellow rose growing in front of the house.

One highlight this week included the kids' Fall Sports meetings. Both kids have signed up to do a sport this fall. Kelsey is going to try tennis and Alex is looking forward to running Cross Country. And I'm looking forward to having more interesting blog topics and photos because of it!

My tomato plants, growing like weeds.

Another big thing this week was the installation of new insulation in our attic. Boy, something you can't really see (unless you go up to the attic) sure is expensive! But hopefully come winter, we'll be enjoying the new warmth of our home at a substantial savings. The insulation guys said our current insulation was "pitiful". Which would explain why it was so cold in here last winter!! And hopefully we won't have any more giant icicles hanging off the roof...

One other major item that happened this week was work related. While I usually try not to discuss my job here, I thought this was worth a sentence or two. I know there are so many people out there going through similar situations, I thought it would be timely to at least give it a mention. Our company informed us that we all were going to be required to take a 2-week furlough. (aka: unpaid vacation) At first it made me nervous, but very quickly I changed my thoughts to a more positive outlook. 2 weeks of vacation? It could be worse. It could be far, far worse. I actually considered myself very lucky. Especially in light of what happened to another TV station here in town not too long ago.


One more thing I'm going to mention before I wrap up this post, but this will be vague... as it might not happen. Yesterday Eric was informed he might have to go on a trip this coming week for work. One of the other shooters backed out at the last minute. It's a documentary type thing and it's pretty far away... and well, it sounds like a very um, rugged trip. He's not 100% sure if he can go yet, he has to see if he can get a new passport by Wednesday. His expired last year. (They're trying to see if they can get help from a local congressman to get it expedited.) We'll of course keep you posted. But I'll leave you wondering where on earth they might be sending him! But I'll say this... Gary... if you're reading this... Can Eric borrow some long johns??

3 comments:

rb said...

oh, erics possible trip sounds like soooo much fun! he needs a passport!! woooo who! can't wait to hear about what it was..

Paula said...

Oh interesting... Shall we bring the snow gear tonight for him?

Greg and Diane Hayden said...

You certainly have peaked our curiousity. Greg just got a passport because he thought he would go to Canada on business. Would that help Eric?