Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Day at the Races

Today Eric and I attended the local Duck Race. This is the 7th year of the event. My company is a sponsor for the event. And each year I "design" one of the ducks, usually it's a theme that has to do with a show that we air. This year I did a "LOST" duck. (It's my favorite show!)

And much to my surprise, the LOST duck was awarded the "People's Choice Award"! A fellow co-worker and I were there representing the station and we were both very shocked but pleased with the award. (And she made me wear the gigantic ribbon!)

The LOST duck had a very good day. Aside from winning this jazzy ribbon, he placed 2nd overall in the Corporate Sponsor Race. That's the best any duck we've had has ever placed. It was a great day for the Duck! Feel free to check out the rest of the photos from the Duck Race... and also be sure to visit the official Duck Race website. They will be posting photos from the today's event. (Not sure when, but they will eventually so keep checking back!)

3 comments:

rb said...

woo who!! congratulations!! was the peoples choice the only award they gave away? eric takes gorgeous pictures.

Amanda said...

They gave out several awards... like "Best Dressed" and "Most Creative"... and a couple of others. I agree - Eric takes amazing photos! I have to use them more often!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

too cute....I enjoyed reading your blog today.
I love all the new blogs
I have found. Quite a unique group.
I love making new blogging friends..
I have several Disney posts already on my blog and have several more to post. Hope you will stop by for a visit.