Friday, December 26, 2008

The 2008 Meme



Here's a fun "meme" I received. I'll spare all my friends and not email it to them and expect them to email it back... but if you do want to send it to me all filled out, I'd love to read them! Just copy and paste into an email and change the answers to your own. Or post it to your blog...

-----

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
I got married... in a courthouse!

2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I don't remember my resolutions from last year... perhaps that will be part of my resolutions for next year. To remember what they are!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Eight (8) co-workers had children this year. Isn't that insane! And don't worry, I'm not drinking the water...

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness.

5. What countries did you visit?
Just this one. Our travels were limited this year.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A nice long vacation that doesn't involve moving trucks.

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 31st. My wedding date.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Co-ordinating the sale of our townhouses and the purchase/move to our new house. Phew!!

9. What was your biggest failure?
Nothing major stands out.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Thankfully, no.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A new house!

12. Where did most of your money go?
See question #11.

13. What did you get really, really excited about?
Marrying Eric, of course!

14. What song will always remind you of 2008?
That Flow-Rida "Low" song... "Apple Bottom Jeans... and the boots with the fur." When Alex and I drove to Cleveland in April to see the Red Sox play, it was on the radio constantly. Whenever I hear it now, I think of that trip.

15. Compared to this time last year, are you: Happier or sadder? Thinner or fatter? Richer or poorer?
Happier. The exact same. Richer. (Only because it's combined now!)

16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Relaxed.

17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Stressed out about silly things.

18. How will you be spending New Years Eve?
Not sure yet... perhaps just enjoying our new home, watching Dick Clark... or is it Ryan Seacrest now?... Or maybe we'll get to go to Meghan MacMurphy's!

19. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I was already in love...

20. What was your favorite TV program?
I re-discovered HGTV. And my favorite show this year was definitely "House Hunters".

21. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate? No... I don't hate anyone.

22. What was the best book you read?
I just read 2 fun Carol Higgins Clark books... I love the "Regan Riley" mysteries.

23. What was your favorite film of this year?
Ironman.

24. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
We went out to eat at Ichiban Japanese Steakhouse... and I turned *gasp* 40.

25. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I think I had a very good year!

26. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Comfort.

27. What kept you sane?
Kept me sane? That would mean I was sane to begin with!! Ah ha ha ha ha ha....

28. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don't think I really fancied any public figures or celebrities. Although what Michael Phelps did at the Olympics was very cool.

29.. What political issue stirred you the most?
Nothing really stirred me, they just annoyed me. There was way too much politic-ing this year!!

30. Who was the best new person you met?
Hmm. Did I meet anyone new this year? I didn't get out much.

31. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Chill out!

32. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"We got the beat..."




No comments: