Thursday, December 4, 2008

White vs. Multi-Colored



I admit it, I consider myself a Christmas Tree light snob. I only like white lights on my tree. I don't know why or where it started. I just think they look nice, maybe even a little classy. Not that there's anything wrong with the multi-colored lights, they just aren't my thing. Well, after much debating, well a little bit of debating and a lot of giving in on my part, I am allowing multi-colored lights on our tree this year. I still think that 9' tree would look amazing with white lights, red beaded garland and my cute red bows scattered about the many branches. But this year we're going to have the multi-colored lights and lots of silver beaded garland adorn our tree. We put the lights up last night and are planning to decorate the tree tomorrow night. I'll be sure to take lots of photos. And who knows, maybe I will change my mind about the multi-colored lights once it's complete.


3 comments:

rb said...

i kind of like all one color strings... and i only really like LED lights. so much brighter and more dynamic.

miftik said...

I'm a white lighter as well. I like my white lights with my embroidered ornaments. I usually just "don't find" the multi-color lights until I'm done.

Beth in NEPA said...

I can guess where you might have gotten it. I much prefer white lights. Or at least all one color.
Looking forward to seeing the tree